Getting moms and their new babies off to a healthy start
Our Baby’s New Beginnings Program is a pregnancy outreach program. It provides health and social services support to at-risk pregnant and post-natal women in our area for up to 6 months after their child is born.
Baby’s new beginnings specializes in providing a safe, warm, welcoming atmosphere where every woman, child, and partner is openly accepted in a non-judgemental holistic way.
The program consists primarily of:
- nutrition education,
- prenatal and post-partum education,
- support to reduce or quit smoking, alcohol consumption and or drug use,
- individual and group support, and
- healthy lifestyle guidance and parenting support for women through pregnancy and beyond.
The program promotes healthy eating for mom and baby, and provides healthy snacks, prenatal vitamins, and food vouchers.
A Resource and Referral Service
Baby’s New Beginnings also serves as a resource and referral service for:
- counselling services,
- breastfeeding support,
- life skills and parenting support, and
- other community services not offered on site.
Baby’s New Beginnings Drop-in Hours are Monday to Friday from 12pm to 3:45pm.
For more information, please contact us.