The Northern Interior Children First Initiative is not a program that delivers a service directly to children; rather it is a powerful and accessible catalyst to change, at the community level.
Children First Initiative work to:
- Increase community capacity
- Increase service delivery effectiveness
- Engage “hard to reach” families
- Increase opportunities for early identification and screening
- Allocate initiative funds to support service priorities identified through community planning
- Improve outcomes for children and families
The Northern Interior Children First Initiative is committed to strengthening and supporting children, youth and families in Prince George, Quesnel, Mackenzie and the Robson and Canoe Valleys. This complex and comprehensive approach has been in practice in British Columbia for almost ten years through publicly funded, research based, early years community collaboratives.
Children First Initiatives are funded through Ministry of Children and Family Development.